Visitors to Scrapping by Design

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hey, Baby It's Cold Outside!

Hi, Everyone!
   I guess most of us are freezing tonight--from up North to way down South here by the Florida border.  Everyone, that is, but my cousin Randy in Maui, Hawaii.  My guess is it's nice and warm as usual at his house.  As for the rest of the country, most of us feel like we're in the deep freeze.  So much for that pesky global warming.
   We were down to a mere 7 for supper tonight, so it only looked like Ma and Pa Kettle's on the farm around the table.  I baked pork chops in cream sauce (that New Year's diet is already yesterday's news), rice, Italian green beans and Crescent rolls.  We have plenty of leftovers, so come on over if you're hungry.  I also made Black Bean Salsa after supper, and I'm eagerly looking forward to it's magic transformation overnight as it sits in its spices and the flavors meld.  I embarrassed myself eating it at a friend's house last week.  I hope she took that as a compliment! 
   As for tomorrow, I'm hoping we have time to quickly check for counter top material after Eddie's eye checkup.  Hopefully his eye pressures will be just fine, and we can zip through a home improvement store for a few minutes.  The bare counter top is looking pretty sad upstairs.   We're trying to decide between tile and laminate (not the same kind we used on the floor, of course).  Granite would be overkill, I think, and I had marble once, and it stained easily.  My biggest concern with tile is the grout.  It would definitely have to be dirt-colored.  That's my color palette--dirt, mud, sawdust--nice earthy colors.  I'll be sure and let you know what we choose.
   Here's a nice spring picture to keep you warm during this freezing weather.  Only a month or so and the Japanese magnolia in our backyard will look like this again (I hope).  Stay warm!

Love'n stuff,
Sandy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment